When i first received an email from Inside Adsense about the new payment method via Western Union from Google Adsense, I was rather in doubt!! So far all the adsense checks that I received have just been dumped into the closest Maybank Check Deposit Machine.
And yes… for those of you who have been doing a similiar thing, the flow of events happened like this
- 25 Jan : Google Adsense issues check
- 8 Feb : We receive the Adsense Check in Malaysia via mail
- 9 Feb : Drop the Check in Maybank Check Deposit Machine
- 6 Mar : The USD is converted into Ringgit and deposited into my account
Yeah it normally takes more than one and half months to get our money processed and converted from USD to Ringgit!! That is way tooooo long!!
So when i read that we now have a chance to speed up the entire exchange and conversion process, wah liau… i changed the payment type immediately from check to western union!!
Today, was the first time that we used the Western Union payment from Google Adsense. It was so simple. Unbelivable!!
- 25 Jan : Google Adsense Payment is paid
- The next day … just drop to one of our local Malaysian bank that has Western Union and just fill up the Bank’s Western Union form and you will get your money immediately.
I actually forgot that the payment came in on the 25th, so I only went to the Bank today. Since i was at the KLCC area, i popped over to the RHB Bank at Suria KLCC.
Before going out to the bank, i clicked on the Google Adsense Payment History and printed out the current month’s payment details.
Then at RHB, i just filled up the Western Union “To Receive Money” Form and handed it to the bank teller together with my IC. And in 10 mins he called me to collect my cash in Ringgit!!! Yes that was it!! So so so simple and guess what?? You don’t need to pay the “check transaction fee” that Maybank always charges!! AND AND …. RHB can collect Bonuslink points too for Western Union cash transfers!! hehe
SO now you must be wondering how do i switch the Google Adsense payment from Check to Western Union??
- Sign in to your account at www.google.com/adsense.
- Visit the My Account tab.
- Click the ‘edit’ link adjacent to the ‘Payment Details’ header.
- Select the Western Union Quick Cash radio button.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ to save your payment type.
So once you have set up your Google Adsense Account as above, then all you need to do when you next receive your Adsense payment is to :
- Go to a Malaysian Bank that has Western Union (Locate one near u)
- Bring the following info with you
- Your IC (or valid government-issued photo ID (Passport, Driver’s license, National ID etc)
- Sender’s information: Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA. Phone Number: 650-253-4000
- Amount of your payment, which you can find on your Payment History page
- Your unique MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) which you can find by clicking on the ‘details’ link next to the Payment Issued line on your Payment History page
- (Actually all you need is your IC and Print the “Payment Issued Line”, and that will have the MTCN number and Google’s address and that’s done!)
My suggestion to you guys who receive Google Adsense checks … Do switch from Check to Western Union, cos it realy speeds up the whole process!! Hope u find the above experince useful!