Obviously “ketuanan melayu” have shown it’s power. Here the full statement:
Full statement by Sultan of Perak
Press statement issued by the private secretary to the Sultan of Perak with the consent of the Regent in connection with the directive of the immediate transfer of the Perak Religious Department (JAIP) director:
Following the command of His Royal Highness (HRH) Paduka Seri Sultan Perak Darul Ridzuan, HRH Raja Muda Perak Darul Ridzuan, Raja Nazrin Shah, in his capacity as the President of the Perak Council of Islamic Religion and Malay Customs (Majlis Agama Islam & Adat Melayu Perak MAIAMP) has directed The Honorable Mentri Besar Perak Darul Ridzuan, Dato’ Seri Ir. , be present at Istana Raja Muda Perak Darul Ridzuan at 11.00am today to have an audience with the Raja Muda and to brief the Raja Muda on the directive by the Mentri Besar of Perak that Yang Berbahagia Dato’ Haji Jamry Sury be removed with immediate effect as the Director of the Perak Islamic Religious Affairs Department.
2. Yang Amat Berhormat Dato’ Seri Ir. Mohammad Nizar was informed that Yang Berbahagia Dato’ Haji Jamry Sury, as the Director of the Perak Islamic Religious Affairs Department also functions as the Secretary to the Perak Council of Islamic Religion and Malay Customs (MAIAMP).
That the appointment of Yang Berbahagia Dato’ Haji Jamry Sury was made only after assent was granted by HRH Paduka Seri Sultan Perak Darul Ridzuan. That the affairs of the Islamic religion as well as institutions and agencies responsible for the Islamic religion are under the direct jurisdiction of HRH Paduka Seri Sultan Perak.
In view of that and in accordance with the view of HRH Paduka Seri Sultan Perak, Yang Amat Berhormat Mentri Besar has a responsibility to seek an audience with the Sultan, to inform the Sultan and HRH the Raja Muda and seek consent before proceeding with any action associated with Islamic affairs, institutions and agencies having responsibilities with Islam (in Perak), and this includes the business of appointments, placements and transfers of officers and staff who deal in Islamic affairs, even more so for key and important positions.
3. The working relations to which respect for HRH Paduka Seri Sultan is a convention and work culture that have always been adhered to by each Mentri Besar with the Palace all these while. HRH Raja Muda reminded that the relations to ensure such understanding must be respected at all times.
All actions undertaken without having prior consent of HRH the Sultan and HRH the Raja Muda are deemed as ignoring or undermining the positions of HRH Paduka Seri Sultan as the head of Islam (in the state) and HRH Raja Muda Perak who is the President of MAIAMP.
4. HRH Raja Muda Perak also conveyed the advice and views of Paduka Seri Sultan Perak that any head of government while carrying a certain action or duty would have to observe justice in adherence to the procedures and rules of administration based on existing laws.
The Sultan is of the view that the stability of any administration and government should be based on the principles which upheld the rule of law and procedures. HRH the Sultan emphasises great importance to harmonious and good working relations among the administrators and political leaders in Perak for the interest and wellbeing of the rakyat.
5. It has been the principle of HRH Paduka Seri Sultan Perak that His government practises and oversees practices which are just and the process of justice should be adhered to so that no one among the Sultan’s subjects should feel that they had become victims of slander or pressure from certain quarters who hold higher office. Before a decision or sentence is made, the process and procedure where there is justice should be fully adhered to.
The principle of natural justice needs to be respected, as such whichever side, which had been accused (of something), should be given their rights to clarify and defend themselves so that a fair and just consideration can be made.
6. In the foregoing spirit, HRH Raja Muda Perak has conveyed the view and stand of HRH Paduka Seri Sultan Perak that the directive to transfer Yang Berbahagia Dato’ Jamry Sury with immediate effect be revoked.
If there had been a transgression of laws and or wrongdoing by Yang Berbahagia Dato’ Jamry Sury on the state government’s administration, then the state government is requested to present the case on an official basis to HRH Paduka Seri Sultan for HRH to initiate the process of law (on the matter) before a final decision is made.
Y.D.H. Toh Raja Diraja Kol Dato’ Abd. Rahim Mohamad Nor
Private Secretary to HRH Paduka Seri Sultan Perak Darul Ridzuan
Office of HRH Paduka Seri Sultan Perak
May 2, 2008
Here the man that made wrong decision.
Seems Penang Pakatan Rakyat also will follow same step as above hall of shame. I’ll update those news later.
Any comment are welcome