2. Blood Magic – replacement of LoH
- That 1.5% lifesteal does not work with Archon
- Familiar attacks DO NOT proc LoH, AoC, or CM
4. my Wizard is Under-geared and don’t know what build to use?
- Try this all-purpose build:
5. Decently geared and don’t know what build to use?
- Try CM/WW
- Recommend 35% crit at the minimum, try to get 40% or higher.
- AoC is crucial. You can get this from your wizard helm/source/mainhand(wand).
- Stack lots of armor/res at a 1:10 ratio. Example, if you have 800 res, try to get 8000 armor.
- ~100k dps to run efficiently. You can make it work with less, but it probably won’t be the best spec you could be running.
- You need really high armor/res to deal with reflect, otherwise get lifesteal which only comes from your mainhand.
- You will often see people switch wormhole/frostnova for magicweapon/familiar because they need additional dps.
6. Don’t know where to farm?
- Farm act1 starting from the “Cursed Hold” so you get all the waypoints. When you are capable, do full act3 clears.
- Too long? Do Cydaea/Azmodan runs starting from “Heart of Sin” second quest.
- Bridge of Korrsik too hard? Start your game at “Kill Siegebreaker” so you get the waypoint to “Rakkis Crossing”.
- Everything is too hard? Just do Siegebreaker runs.
- The crit/IAS buffs will disappear when your follower dies. The armor buff from the enchantress is permanent.
Scoundral – If you don’t have a snare, the scoundral can apply decent crowd control if you give him a cold bow and stack him with IAS. Be sure to use triple shot.
Enchantress – Clear choice for most CM/WW specs
Templar – Has the benefit of being able to wield 1h+shield for more MF while the other followers are forced into 2h weapons.
List of MF weapons:
Three Hundreth Spear (1h)
Sun Keeper (1h)
Blade of Prophecy (2h)
Manajuma’s Ritual Cutter (WD only)
Won Khim Lau (Monk only)